Global Allianz Immigration consultants will prepare and file all the required forms and documents for adjustment of status.
Adjustment of Status is the final stage of Green Card. After the completion of this process, the applicant becomes a lawful permanent resident of the US.
An applicant can opt either for I-485 or Consular Processing(CP).
1. File form I-485 – In this case, the applicant can file for adjustment of status using form I-485 for him/herself and family members while remain in US.
2. Consular Processing – In this case, applicant can apply for adjustment of status at the US Consular office in their home country.
The following is a generic list of documents that are require for applying for I-485/AoS application:
1. Form I-485 – Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status.
2. Birth Certificate.
3. Copy of Passport page with non-immigrant visa.
4. Color photographs as per new guidelines.
5. Fingerprints ( USCIS will notify when and where to provide finger Print).
6. Form G-325A, Biographic Information (for those between the ages of 14 and 79 years).
7. Employment Letter – on employer’s letterhead. This letter should confirm that the job on which the visa petition is based is available to you and it should mention your salary.
8. Copy of your I-797 Notice of Action, showing that your I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, has been received or approved by INS (As of July 31, 2002, an interim rule published in the Federal Register allows for concurrent filing of Form I-485 with Form I-140, if a visa number is immediately available).
9. Form I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status ( Must be completed by the USCIS authorized physician).
10. Form G-28 Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative. This will enable your lawyer to represent you.
11. Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization or EAD ( Optional, if you want Employment Authorization while the case is pending).
12. Form I-131, Application for Travel Document ( Optional, if you want Travel document in case may have to travel out of USA while case is pending).
13. You might be required to submit copies of marriage or divorce certificate, death certificate (of spouse), and birth certificates for children and certified copies of any arrests or criminal records, depends on your case.
14. Other then these may be more documents required depending on individual case.