Global Allianz Immigration consultants will prepare and file all the required forms and documents for V-3 visa.
The V-3 dependent visa is a non-immigrant visa which allows the derivative child of the principal V-1 visa holder or applicant to enter into the U.S. and await the availability of an immigrant visa. You may stay in the U.S. on V-3 visa for an initial period of two years. You may apply for further extension of stay of two years if a visa number is not yet available. The total number of years you may stay on V-3 visa is 10 years or till you attain the age of 21 years, whichever is shorter.
- A person may apply at a U.S. consulate abroad for a V1 visa or V2 visa or seek V-1 or V-2 non-immigrant status while in the United States, if that person:
- is lawfully married to a Lawful Permanent Resident of the United States (V-1), or is the unmarried child (under the age of 21) of a Lawful Permanent Resident (V-2); and
- is the principal beneficiary of a relative petition (Form I-130) that was filed by the Lawful Permanent Resident spouse/parent on or before December 21, 2000; and
- has been waiting for at least 3 years since the petition was filed for status as a Lawful Permanent Resident because the petition is still pending, or has been approved but:
an immigrant visa is not yet available; or,
- There is a pending application to adjust status or application for an immigrant visa.
The derivative child of a V-1 or V-2 non-immigrant is eligible for a V-3 visa or for V-3 status.
HOW TO APPLY?
If outside of the United States, you should contact the U.S. State Department consular office or embassy to apply for a visa.
If inside the United States, you must file the Form I-539, Application to Change Non-immigrant Status, and Supplement A, and pay the application fee, or request a waiver of the application fee. All aliens 14 to 79 years of age who are filing Form I-539 to obtain V non-immigrant status must submit a service fee for fingerprinting with their application. In addition to the instructions listed on the Form I-539, all aliens applying for V non-immigrant status must follow the supplemental instructions found on Supplement A to Form I-539. Applicants must also undergo a medical examination and submit Form I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status, without the vaccination supplement.