Global Allianz Immigration consultants will prepare and file all the required forms and documents for applying for Permanent Residency through Fiance.
Fiance/Fiance Petitions (K1 Visas)
If you are a U.S. Citizen and engaged or considering becoming engaged to a non-U.S. Citizen, filing a K-1 visa is probably the best option to legally bring your fiancee or fiance to the U.S.
The K-1 Visa allows you to invite your fiancé ( e) to the United States for a period of 90 days, during which time your fiancé(e) must either marry you or return to his or her home country. No extensions of time will be granted after the 90 days and no change of status is permitted.
If the relationship does not work out, you decide not to marry, and your fiance(e) returns home, you are both independently eligible to file a subsequent fiance(e) visa application if you so desire. You will have to file an IMBRA (International Marriage Broker Regulation) waiver if you file within two years of the first petition’s approval.
Lawful Permanent Residents of the United States are not eligible to file for a K-1 visa.
You are eligible to apply for a K-1 Visa if you meet the following requirements:-
1. You are a U.S. citizen.
2.You have personally met your fiance(e) within the previous two years, if culturally acceptable and does not violate long-established customs, or would create extreme hardship for you or your fiancé(e)
3. You and your fiance(e) are both legally free to marry under the laws of your fiance(e)’s country as well as the laws of the U.S.
4. Proof of permission to marry if you or your fiance(e) are subject to any age restrictions.
5. You marry each other within 90 days of your fiance(e)’s arrival in the U.S.
Once the Immigration Service Center approves the K1 petition, the appropriate U.S. Consulate will receive the paperwork in order to schedule your fiance(e)’s interview.
You can receive a green card as a K non-immigrant fiance (e). But for this you have to qualify the following requirements:-
1. You should be the beneficiary of an immigrant visa petition that was filed by a U.S. citizen for his/her fiancé(e).
2. You should have been admitted to the United States as a K Non-immigrant.
3. You should meet the requirement to marry the U.S. citizen fiance(e) within 90 days of entry, if a K-1 visa holder.