Global Allianz Immigration consultants will prepare and file all the required forms and documents for H-1B visa.
It is a non-immigrant visa that allows U.S. emloyers to temporarily employ foreign workers in specialty occupations. If a foreign worker in H-1B status quits or is dismissed from the sponsoring employer, the worker must either apply for and be granted a change of status to another non-immigrant status, find another employer (subject to application for adjustment of status and/or change of visa), or leave the Inited States.
The advantage of this visa is that you can work legally in the US, in non-immigrant status and get the visa quickly after the petition is approved. You can travel in and out of the US or remain in US until the visa expires, and H-4 visa is available for accompanying family memeber(spouses and minor children under 21 yeras of age).
H-1B Visa is Suitable for:
- Foreign professionals with specialized knowledge, such as scientists, engineers, programmers, research analysts, management consultants, journalists, accountants, and other with Bachelor’s or equivalent degree.
- Foreign nationals entering the U.S. to offer exceptional services relating to cooperative research and development projects administered by the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Professional Nurses entering the U.S. to perform complex job duties or supervise nursing operations.
- Distinguished fashion models.
- U.S. companies to bring in qualified foreign professionals for jobs that require a bachelors degree and specialized skills.
Duration of Stay
The duration of stay is three years, extendable to six years. An exception to maximum length of stay applies in certain circumstances:-
- One-year extension if a labor certification application has been filed and is pending for at least 365 days;
- Three-years extensions if an I-140 Immigrant Petition has been approved.
Despite a limit on length of stay, no requirement exists that the individual remain for any period in the job the visa was originally issued for.This is known as H-B1 portability or transfer, provided the new employer sponsors another H-1B visa, which may or may not be subjected to the quota. Under current law, H-1B visa has no stipulated grace period, in the event the employer-employee realtionship ceases to exist.